[higgins-dev] Higgins 1.1 and 2.0

Folks,

Instead of continuing all development under the "Higgins 1.1" stream, we are drawing a line in the sand in March/April and calling that Higgins 1.1. We will continue work on the more advanced stuff (that's taking longer than expected) and call it part of Higgins 2.0. Here are some highlights/implications:

1.1
  • Let's get 1.1M8 done by March 15th and release 1.1 as soon as possible thereafter
  • To do this we'll release both Mac and Windows versions of the AIR selector as part of 1.1 (along with iPhone and Android versions)
  • All of the 1.1 selectors use the same hosted I-Card Service
  • We'll focus on packaging, test, documentation, builds, downloads, etc

2.0
  • We'll create a new 2.0 branch in SVN
  • This will allow rapid development of 2.0 stuff without affecting 1.1
  • Everything that isn't part of 1.1 is, by definition, part of 2.0
  • The 2.0 stuff includes the Qt-based active client, the Personal Data Store, the Persona Data Model (now 2.0, was 1.1), etc.
  • For 2.0 the client is called an "Active Client" (vs. "Selector" as it was for 1.0 and 1.1) because it does much more than what an OASIS IMI i-card selector is supposed to do

I've updated most of the Higgins site and wiki according to the above.

--Paul

Back to the top