for Higgins dev call – August 20, 2009
- John Bradley
- Mary Ruddy - Meristic
- Markus Sabedello –
Harvard Law Lab
- Paul Trevithick - Azigo
- Brian Walker - Azigo
- Alexander Yuhimenko
LOGISTICS: Time: noon Eastern (16:00 UTC) U.S. Dial-in: 1-866-362-7064 /
1) [Brian] HIGGINS 1.1M7 TRACKING
to Aug 19
to , click on “All 1.1M7 items” link.
go through the 5 remaining open items:
- [Brian] We have been working diligently,
especially the last few days getting everything checked in. We are just
about ready for the first build. Valery is pulling the last pieces
together for the last ticket. We should be all set. Expect that there
will be a couple of iterations on the build. Will keep folks apprised of
progress. Expect to be done in a day or two. Will send a note to the dev
list. Also several clean ups to the solutions pages – This is not
tied to the build schedule.
[Brian] NEW DOWNLOADS PAGE 
level & component level
- [Paul] The downloads page looks right. We need to
add a link at the bottom to the components pages. Only Markus’
iPhone can be downloaded and used. It is just about there.
- [Brian] Will update folks when have successful
build. Mary, per M8, we need to take a week or two to get iterated to get
- [Paul] Is the AIR selector 1.1 for Win and Mac
- [Brian] Should we grey them out?
- [Paul] The idea is that if they are there, they
are available. Should we have these sets of tables and repeat them for
every milestone? The idea is we would delete all rows except the iPhone.
Remember the concept is we wouldn’t have downloads unless they are
in good shape. So we are halfway there. We have a good format for the
table, but it contains things that don’t [automatically] build. So
the question is what makes the best impression.
- [Paul] We could keep the same table, but have
columns for M7and M8 and M9.
- [Paul] Don’t want to lose the page.
- [Mary] It is listing all the things that can be
- [Paul] We could keep the first and last line.
I’m tempted to make it accurate.
- [Paul] The theory is you could click on the wiki
page and you could follow those instructions. – maybe instead of
“not available, no automated solution level builds” –
can point them to roll their own.
- [Mary] People will come looking for a build that
doesn’t exist yet, as they have heard of the functionality.
- [Brian] Could make a note 1. There is enough room
for two short sentences – automated solution build not yet
available. To manually build, go here with a link to the wiki page.
- [Mary] Yes.
- [Paul] So that is a good compromise.
- [Brian] I will follow-up with Denis on the mods
to the download column.
3) [Brian/Alexander] AUTOMATED SOLUTION-LEVEL BUILDS
- Review proposed implementation
- [Paul] So this is a way to get
more automatic builds
- [Brian] Alexander is on the
call. He sent out an email to the list. Based on Paul’s direction
he did analysis and recommends using the Hudson tool. This not only helps
with the builds, but can help with automated testing.
- [Mary] Email from Alexander came just as the Paul
was beginning to speak.
- [Alexander] … see email.
- [Brian] Do people have additional comments or
questions? General plan is to move forward with Hudson.
- [Paul] It sounds like we are using Hudson and
- [Alexander] Yes. Hudson is just engine for any
- [Paul] It would help if we put this on the wiki
page, the actual plan. We have 7 servers listed. For each machine [for
example], this is what we are going to be running. Are we using the Eclipse
Higgins build service still? Then on the Azigo build machine, we will run
- [Alexander] OK.
- [Paul] Brian, can you give us any more overview
of where we go from here?
- [Brian] We plan to use the solution that
Alexander has proposed to build the solutions and ultimately components.
- [Paul] Could we pick GTK 1.1 selector as the next
- [Brian] Will iterate to determine next step,
which solution to target next.
- [Markus] Some solutions should be buildable
– they don’t require any other not yet approved jars.
Shouldn’t there be a line for those?
- [Brian] Need to check why the STS isn’t
- [Paul] Markus, you are saying you can build the
- [Markus] It does build ever night.
- [Paul] Then all you need to do is put a link to
that. The beauty of this page is you can now look at it and say: STS, why
isn’t there a link there.
- [Brian] I will follow up on the status of the STS
build. Markus can you provide the instructions for how to update this page
- [Markus] Ummm.
- [Paul] Brian, we want the build script to be
modified to turn our new LED’s green and put the link in if the
build is successful. If the build fails, it should say build failed and
put a red LED.
- [Markus] I just clicked on a component download
page. It didn’t work I got redirected to the solutions page.
- [Paul] Oh. They are all broken. That isn’t
part of the plan. We didn’t mean to break all the links that do
build. We definitely need to fix that.
- [Brian] I will dig into that one. Next steps are
to fix broken links and work on the solution links to.
- [Paul] One nit. One of the entries is top of line
vs. mid line on the components page
[John/Alexander] UPDATE ON SAML ATTRIBUTES
- [Paul]The last item is John. You were going to
give us an update on the SAML attributes.
- [John] I distributed the SAML2 IMI profile. Mike
J. and I are going to work on the potential profile for managed cards.
The idea is to codify the behavior of the claim into two fields. And
making it clear to RP’s that they need to re-assemble that.
- [John] …
- [Paul] We look forward to seeing that as soon as
you can share that and seeing what will break.
- [Markus] We didn’t actually know how many
RP’s really deal with the situation. It is possible that people may
have RP’s and may need to educate people (not to use the”
- [Paul] …
- [John] Pam’s stuff doesn’t do that.
Most people RP’s were constructed to work with p-cards. Will only
be a problem with managed claims. Hopefully that will be clear in the
SAML2 specifications profile. Don’t want to change 1.1 except if
the stuff that really doesn’t work.
- [John] I sent an email to the list.
- [Paul] So the profile is a profile issued by the
- [John] The profile will mostly be documenting
what is currently happening.
- [Paul] When will this be available?
- [John] Probably a couple of weeks. Goal is not
to have any braking change.
- [Brian] The challenge is ongoing projects.
- [John] Currently none of the existing cards work
- [John] There are new ideas for card selection.
Need to write this up and find a venue. We can do this in the IMI TC.