[higgins-dev] Notes for August 13th Higgins developers call

Notes for Higgins dev call – August 13, 2009

Attendees

* John Bradley

* Mary Ruddy - Meristic

* Markus Sabedello – Harvard Law Lab

* Paul Trevithick - Azigo

* Brian Walker - Azigo

* Hank Mauldin - Cisco

* Elmar Beck

LOGISTICS: Time: noon Eastern (16:00 UTC) U.S. Dial-in: 1-866-362-7064 / 89-2048#

AGENDA

1) [Brian] HIGGINS 1.1M7 TRACKING

  • Delayed to Aug 19
  • Go to [1], click on “All 1.1M7 items” link.
  • Let’s go through the 10 remaining open items:
    • Jeesmon: 1
    • Alexander: 3
    • Brian: 1
    • Denis: 1
    • Valery: 3
    • Vitaly: 4
  • [Brian] Current status: I’ve been updating the M7 page and associated bug list.  >From a code point of view, everything is done but one last thing with the CardSync store.  For all the other items on the M7 open ticket list (6 still open) the code is done, but we won’t formally close them until the code is merged and checked in.  Also there is validation testing that is ongoing.  Goal is to get the build done by next Wednesday.
  • [Brian] There is another loose end, the download page.  It is in the /ver2 staging area, but not yet moved to production.  (Bugzilla item has been moved to M8.)
  • [Mary] So we are in pretty good shape.  We really expect this for the 19th.
  • [Brian] May have to move out a day or so if we have build problems.  I will send out an email status to Higgins dev.

  • [Mary] Eclipse is thinking about moving to a standard where documentation is created on the Eclipse wiki and then a copy is included in the code download.  The bugzilla item for this is 283734.  Since we already do documentation on the wiki, this is especially relevant for Higgins.  Next step is for wiki doc standards to be created.
  • [Paul] They don’t come after us when we use all sorts of names for our wiki pages.
  • [Mary] They said Wikipedia, which is much bigger, doesn’t have collisions. So they are not worried about collisions.
  • [Paul] For M8, there is a lot of stuff allocated to it. Brian, you guys, may want to push back on the list.
  • [Brian] We will need to look. Much of the stuff was just parked there.  I need to take a look at it.
  • [Paul] I’ve already assigned one M8 item to Jim S, and he said he would work on it.
  • [Brian] Cool.
  • ……
  •  [Paul] When you see the new downloads page, you will see that we don’t yet have a way to build the non–java components…..

  • [John] Some IdP’s may want to control what attributes are returned in the RST based on who the RP is.  Does the Higgins STS have such ability?
  • [Paul] Selectively not return some claims?
  • [Paul] There is no logic that I’ve heard of.
  • [John] What else would you do with the applies to?
  • [Paul] It is reasonable.  It doesn’t now.  Also the Azigo CardPress code doesn’t either.
  • [John] There may be people who intend to be IdP’s who intend to filter responses based on who is asking, and this need may influence what software they use.
  • [Markus] I think CardPress does this.
  • [Paul] Mike McIntosh wrote the Higgins STS. Send an email to him and cc the list…
  • [John] Mary and I wanted to raise it as it is a feature IdP’s have been asking for.
  • [Paul] Is it will documented – the input to the IdP’s decision?
  • …..
  • There were a few questions about Elmar’s code as follow-up to last week’s discussion.

 [1] http://wiki.eclipse.org/Higgins_1.1M7

Back to the top