[higgins-dev] Re: question about Google CP

Hi Markus,

There was no option in GData API at that time to map the authenticated user account to an IdAS Entity. But, when I searched the latest GData API (Version 1.33) documentation today,  I could find a new ProfileEntry class that contains the logged-in user profile. I will try this out tomorrow and let you know if I could retrieve the user details.

Can you please explain how should I expose this user's IdAS Entity from IContext? For example, is there a standard Entity ID that I can use to return the authenticated user Entity from IContext::getEntity(entityID) API?

Thanks,
Mohamad Raja

Markus Sabadello wrote:
Hi Mohamad,

Not sure if you are still doing anything related to the Google CP which you contributed to Higgins, but I have a question.

If I understand correctly, if I use it to access my "markus.sabadello" Google account, the CP will map all my Google contacts to IdAS Entities with some attributes. My question is, does it (or could it) also map my OWN account ("markus.sabadello") to an IdAS Entity? Or only my contacts?

Or in other words, does the Gdata API you are using provide a way to read anything interesting about my own account, or only about my contacts?

The reason why I'm asking is that if the CP could expose one's own account as an IdAS Entity, then we could use UDIs (see http://wiki.eclipse.org/UDI) to point to Google accounts in a globally resolvable way.

thanks
Markus

Back to the top