[higgins-dev] Notes for Higgins Developers Call on August 6

Notes Higgins dev call – August 6, 2009

Attendees

  • John Bradley
  • Elmar Beck
  • Mary Ruddy - Meristic
  • Paul Trevithick - Azigo
  • Brian Walker - Azigo

Logistics
Time: Thursday, noon Eastern
Dial-in: 1-866-362-7064 / 89-2048#

1) [Brian] HIGGINS 1.1M7 TRACKING

  • Delayed to Aug 14
  • Go to [1], click on “All 1.1M7 items” link.
  • Let’s go through the 14 remaining open items:
    • Mary: 1
    • Jeesmon: 3
    • Alexander: 3
    • Brian: 2
    • Denis: 1
    • Valery: 2
    • Vitaly: 4
  • [Brian] This morning, I pushed the target date out a week to the 14th.  We are finishing up a couple of pieces of code to check in. One is specifically splitting the TCP server into multiple projects. We hope to have it completed by tomorrow.  The other is the CardSync piece; there is a subtask that we expect to have completed by the middle of next week.  Also want the STS client updates checked in.  We have the new downloads site. It has gone through several iterations.  Now we are moving it over to the /ver2 staging directory.  Also there is a wiki page that we need to convert to php.
  • (Discussion of open bugzilla items)
  • [Paul] There is ticket 282699 that shows up at M7.
  • [Brian] I just moved that to M8.
  • [Paul] What about the bugs page?
  • [Mary] The bugs page is very simple
  • [Paul] That is assigned to Brian.
  • [Mary] I’ll update the bug number 238067 with a link to the page.
  • [Paul] The new downloads page is almost done.
  • [Paul] Mary, what about the project status display item assigned to you. Should I move that off to M8?
  • [Mary] Yes.
  • [Paul] What about porting the selector switch?
  • [Brian] Denis is working on finishing that up.
  • [Brian] The only two that are still active are 282525 and the other one is 282517.

2) [Elmar & Jeesmon] HIGGINS SELECTOR SWITCH UPDATE

  • Status, updates, questions
  • [Elmar] Thanks to all who helped.  Code is checked in.
  • [Brian] Thanks
  • [Brian] Please also send the link to the mobile card space
  • [Elmar] We rewrote the code to remove dependencies.   It was easy to upload
  • [Paul] We can start a process of getting someone in your org to be a committer.
  • [Elmar] First step is me.
  • [Paul] Great. Then we can start the process and take a vote.
  • [Elmar] It would help to start looking at the code...
  • [Paul] So you built an external connector.
  • [Elmar] Yes.
  • [Paul] How does the selector switch communicate?
  • [Elmar] It is over http.
  • [Paul] So until Vitaly’s code is checked in, we can’t test it yet.
  • [Elmar] If there are any changes to the interface, we have to change our code again.
  • [Paul] I thought there was a security concern
  • [Elmar] There was a security concern about opening local ports...
  • [Elmar] First, we were concern with replacing dependencies.  That took more effort that thought.
  • [Elmar] There are two possibilities.  To have old version running …
  • [Paul] We are working on allowing the selector switch.  He is building a new version of the selector switch.  Yours will be the only one using the socket switch.
  • [Elmar] If we do need to change the interface, no problem on our side.
  • [Paul] There are probably no changes.
  • [Paul] Are you are ok with the name?
  • [Elmar] Yes.

3) [Paul, Brian] AUTOMATED SOLUTION LEVEL BUILDS [8]

  • Discuss/review requirements
    [Brian] I understand that we are not quite ready to talk about this item this week.

4) [John] INFOCARD SAML CLAIMS

  • What is the resolution of this issue?
  • SAML attributes (SAML 1.1 vs. 2.0, etc.)
  • [John] I just got off the IMI call.
  • [John] Scott is going to move forward the SAML 2.0 profile so we have a SAML profile for a managed card. We talked about where we should do such a thing and the relative merits. So there will probably be a new SAML 1.1 token type and do we really want two SAML 1.1 token types? It may be better to leave the SAML 1.1 tokens broken.
  • [John] We didn’t have quorum today. MS needs to determine what would be broken if we fixed it.  It would definitely break all of Pam’s stuff.
  • [Paul] So it is not resolved.  No one is responsible.
  • [Mary] How can we address this?
  • [John] The Information Card foundation maybe one way to approach it.
  • [Paul] They could vote and make recommendations.
  • [John] Whatever we decide needs to be supported in the Higgins STS. This is an RP and STS issue.
  • [Paul] I’m leaning towards just leaving it.
  • [Paul] Higgins will implement whatever is decided.
  • [Paul] We should prepare for next Thursday’s call by writing up the options for this and the optional claims topics.
  • [Paul] I’ll sign up for that.  We’ll try to set a deadline for writing up the SAML name space and the optional claims issues by next Thursday.

[1] http://wiki.eclipse.org/Higgins_1.1M7
[2} http://wiki.eclipse.org/Selector_Overview
[3] http://wiki.eclipse.org/CardSync_Service
[4] http://wiki.eclipse.org/RPPS_Package