[higgins-dev] Re: Tweaking the iPhone selector & plugins

Title: Re: Tweaking the iPhone selector & plugins
Markus,

In general you should link to the highest level page, e.g. I-Card Service [1], because from that page you can drill down into [2] whereas going opposite direction is harder (because there aren’t links in the reverse direction). Here’s [3] another example of a page that links to [1].

But you’re right it all isn’t as clear as it should be. For example, I think ideally the API (e.g. The I-Card Service API) would be documented in [1], yet at present it is only documented [2].

BTW, speaking of organizing things. If you’ll notice in [3] I slot your Cloud Selector in as a “Service” and not as a “Selector”. Just feels more natural to me. I think the diagram on that page works well too. Frankly, the more I work with it, the more I don’t think “Cloud Selector” is a very helpful name. You’ll notice I include the string “& OpenID OP” in [3], for example. “Cloud Selector” stretches the “selector” definition too far and I think that makes it confusing. I’m not proposing we change it, I’m just musing about it.

-Paul

[1] http://wiki.eclipse.org/I-Card_Service
[2] http://wiki.eclipse.org/Components_1.X#I-Card_Service_Web_App
[3] http://wiki.eclipse.org/Selector_Overview