[higgins-dev] Dropping the I-Card Manager Web App from Higgins 1.1

Title: Dropping the I-Card Manager Web App from Higgins 1.1
Folks,

In the interest of simplifying Higgins 1.1 as much as possible. I propose that we don’t bring forward the I-Card Manager Web App [1], a Google GWT-based card manager.

My rationale is:
  • We already have Markus’s Cloud Selector [1] for Higgins 1.1. Okay, it needs multi-factor auth/security hardening (e.g. OTP), but it basically works.
  • If/when somebody would like to merge [1] into [2], the code for [1] will always be available as part of Higgins 1.0. But until then, let’s just assume that if you want web access to your cards, you should use [2]. If you want to edit your cards from the web, then, err... wait for somebody to volunteer to merge [1] into [2]!

But I’m open to other ideas. Especially because it probably isn’t that much work to keep maintaining it as part of 1.1.

--Paul

[1] http://wiki.eclipse.org/Components_1.X#I-Card_Manager_Web_App
[2] http://wiki.eclipse.org/Components_1.1#Cloud_Selector

Back to the top