[higgins-dev] How specify the authentication method in the Relying Party Security Policy

Hi All,

I am trying to understand how to specify in the Relying Party Security Policy the authentication method (e.g. username/pwd, X509 certificate, …) a user has to use to authenticate to the IP/STS when requesting security tokens.

I think it is necessary to insert another parameter into the RP’s web.xml file.

I saw in a security policy example a field “Issuer” as follows:

  <param-name>Issuer</param-name>

  <param-value>shib2.internet2.edu</param-value>

I know the Higgins STS provides some endpoints:

…./services/MetadataX509Token                          (X509 Authentication)

…/services/MetadataUsernameToken                (UsernamePassword Authentication)

and so on.

Is it possible to insert another parameter (for example a MetadataReference parameter that identifies the STST endpoint to be used) to specify the authentication method? Do you know if, adding a parameter like this, CardSpace will properly manage it and select only the cards that meet the required authentication method?

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards.

Dr. Leonardo Straniero