[higgins-dev] Higgins Developer Call Notes - 2-April-09

Higgins Developer's call notes for 2-April

Attendees:
* Brian Carroll - Serena
* Drummond Reed - Cordance
* Mary Ruddy - Meristic
* Markus Sabadello - Parity
* Andy Hodgkinson - Novell
* Hank Mauldin - Cisco
* Brian Walker - Parity

Logistics
Time: noon Eastern
Dial-in: 1-866-362-7064 / 89-2048#

Agenda

1. [Brian]  1.1M7 targeted for April 24

    * See [1]
    * The focus for M7 will be to organize and clean up the build and wiki sites for the Higgins 1.1 codeline. Much of the content is outlined here: http://wiki.eclipse.org/Higgins_1.1_Plan#Infrastructure_.26_Cross-cutting_Improvements

2. [Brian, Alexander, Andy] Selector Architecture Harmonization

    * See [2]
    * SQL-lite IPR was submitted but Eclipe legal won't likely look at this until the summer. We may need to take a different approach to LICS cache solution to enable implementation until this can be approved.
    * The next step we are focusing on is to finish up LICS implementation (cashing and card updates).
    * Once that is done, we will then add the AIR selector on top to communicate through LICS (already RESTful enabled) as next step.

3. [Markus]  IdAS Authentication

    * Continued conversation on Markus’ evolving proposal [3]
    * Discussed the latest updates as noted on this wiki page: http://wiki.eclipse.org/Authentication_Materials,
    * As noted in Markus' follow up email from earlier, the proposed concrete changes are now:
        - Introduce a marker interface IAuthnMaterials, which all Authentication Materials classes implement
        - Define string constants for the common kinds of Authentication Materials that we have
        - Reduce Authentication Materials classes to simple Java Beans (i.e. remove business logic, and reference to IContext in constructor)
    * Assuming no further inputs in coming days, will continue to work on implementation of above mentioned.

4. [Paul] Website improvements next steps

    * Implement new downloads page structure [4]
    * Revise “All Selectors” diagram [6]
    * 2.1 New solution names [5]

5. [Paul, JohnB] Relationship Brokering With R-Cards (held over from last week)

    * Additional updates [7]
    * Paul and John will need to spend more time on defining specifics. Once that is done, a more substanative discussion can take place.

[1] http://wiki.eclipse.org/Higgins_1.1M7
[2] http://wiki.eclipse.org/Selector_Architecture_Harmonization
[3] http://wiki.eclipse.org/Authentication_Materials
[4] http://wiki.eclipse.org/Higgins_1.1_Plan#New_Downloads_Page