[higgins-dev] Reorganizing Higgins site/content (another tweak)

Folks,

I¹m just back from three days of Higgins meetings in France with the FC2
consortium. The experience prompt the following proposed changes to the
site/wiki content:

TODAY        -->        PROPOSED
=====                   ========

Clients                 Selectors
-------                 ---------
AIR Client & Server     AIR Selector (including ICS)
                        Web Selector (including ICS)
ICM[missing!]           merged into the above
RCP                     no change
GTK/Cocoa               no change
FF-embedded             no change

Identity Services       Identity Services
-----------------       -----------------
WS-Trust IdP            no change
SAML IdP                no change
RP                      no change
Web Selector            moved up above
XDI4J                   moved down below

Identity Att. Svcs      Attribute Services
------------------      ------------------
                        IDS - multiprotocol web service
                        XDI4J - now moved here
                        IdAS - today's Java framework

Where IDS is short for "Identity Attribute Service," a multiprotocol
attribute data service (web service) based on IdAS framework.

Advantages/Disadvantages
------------------------
  + All three "doors" are now doors to multiple things (consistency)
  + We differentiate between the IdAS Java interfaces and the IDS
  + We use "selector" instead of "client"
    + so we can include the "web selector" under "selectors"
    + now all selectors are grouped together under "Selectors"
  + XDI4J has a better home
  + The missing WEB (GWT) I-Card Manager now has a home
  + Now IDS can support Plaxo Portable Contacts, XDI, etc. without
    being confused with the name of the underlying framework (IdAS)
  - The client word was a less bias-proclaiming word than selector.
    We switched to client when we thought contributions from
    IDIB and/or Liberty (ECP, etc.) folks might be forthcoming.
    Now we should just go back to making a "multi-protocol" selector
    and be welcoming by our actions (true multi-protocol-ness).

--Paul

Back to the top