Re: [higgins-dev] Proposed changes to Higgins solutions part of the nav

Title: Re: [higgins-dev] Proposed changes to Higgins solutions part of the nav
Yes.

On 3/5/09 2:39 PM, "Mary Ruddy" <mary@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

So the proposal is:

Exploring Higgins <http://wiki.eclipse.org/Exploring_Higgins>

From: Paul Trevithick [mailto:ptrevithick@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, March 05, 2009 2:17 PM
To: Mary Ruddy
Cc: higgins-dev
Subject: Re: [higgins-dev] Proposed changes to Higgins solutions part of the nav

Mary,

What I meant by “explode” here [1] was to “get rid of” the umbrella “solutions” menu item and replace it with three separate “door” menu items (Higgins Client, and the other two.)

I’m trying to flatten the nav hierarchy by removing the top level umbrella term over the three “mini” umbrella terms. We introduced the three mini umbrellas, and I think successfully so. Now we should take advantage of these three by eliminating the over-arching “solutions” term and delete these two pages:

Why? Because their content is duplicated (and therefore in conflict with) these three new mini umbrella pages:

As Hank suggested we can put the “Higgins-based solutions” (e.g. By IBM, etc.) on its own page and in so doing actually elevate that content.

--Paul

[1] http://wiki.eclipse.org/Website_Backlog#Flatten_Solutions_into_the_3_solutions_areas_.28nav_structure_change.29