[higgins-dev] Higgins Selector Harmonization Status - 4-Mar-09

Hi All - FYI - status from our check point call on Higgins Selector harmonization review today.

Attendees: Andy, Alexander, Paul, Markus, Jeesmon, Brian

  • Client side status - Andy updates
    • We have the have the Higgins Cocoa client that supports CardSynch running against the new RESTful back-end service.
    • This current version can support basic i-card operations such as create, delete, modify and retreve list of cards.
    • The remaining work over the course of the next week will be to get the Higgins Cocoa client to talk to LICS which then talks to the RESTful backend.
    • This version will run on Mac/FF combination.
    • Andy will be sending out the current version to Paul and Markus so they can install on their Mac in preparation for next weeks FC2 meeting/demo.
    • Will demo this current version with existing created account. Would need to work on further updates to enable creation of new account.
    • Discussed some future plans for this solution - use LICS to support serialized selector and multiple selector management and key distribution. LICS could be a secret store service across all platforms.
  • Back-end status - Alex
    • Alex deployed the latest "cardsynch-rpps" on a test server. This build includes the latest RPPS Axis web server with "revision" and CardSynch REST.
    • This week we are working on additional enhancements to support new user account creation and m-card support from AIR selector and load via CardSynch REST service.
  • We discussed the agenda outline of the demo for the FC2 meeting next week. The goal is to show real working code of the local Higgins selector (Cocoa in this case) talking to Higgins back-end for basic card operations. Will also outline future development plans (AIR selector UI working on same client side code) that would support FC2 business and technical requirements. The plan is to be able to demo this with other FC2 developers next Thursday and Friday.

For the remaining week leading up to demo, will continue to focus on getting the latest version working on Paul and Markus' demo machines and work any technical issues via email. Once the demo is complete, will continue to work and meet as a team to take further steps to enable AIR selector UI to operate in this harmonized selector client platform.

regards...Brian

Brian Walker
=brian.walker
VP of Engineering