[higgins-dev] Higgins Developers Call Notes - 22-Jan-09

Attendees
  • Mary Ruddy - Meristic/Social Physics
  • Jim Sermersheim - Novell
  • Valery Kokhan - Parity
  • Phil Hunt - Oracle
  • Andy Hodgkinson - Novell
  • Markus Sabadello - Parity
  • John Bradley
  • Paul Trevithick - Parity
  • Brian Carroll - Serena
  • Drummond Reed - Cordance
  • Brian Walker - Parity

Agenda
1. [Brian] Milestone 1.1M5 - Stable build on January 16
  • 1.1M6 - targeted for February 27
  • See  http://wiki.eclipse.org/Higgins_1.1M6  for current list
  • 1.1  Milestone planning - the current candidate list being reviewed is posted here: http://wiki.eclipse.org/Higgins_1.1_Plan. Jim will look at the IdAS list items and note which items have high probability for completion for June Higgins 1.1 release.
  • XML project plan - We will discuss this at the next Higgins meeting

2. [Paul, Andy, Alexander] Selector Architecture Harmonization
  • Review latest design here [1]
  • Discuss using Jersey [2] JAX-RS implementation, especially getting started on the IPR request.
  • Jersey is under CDDL+GPL dual license [3]
  • Points discussed in this section include:
    • Now possible to use JAX-RS with Java5. Need to check if (a) there are Eclipse license issues and (b) what are the dependancies of Jersey and can we get those IPR request for that.
    • Discussed changing the name from Card Synch Protocol to Synchronized Card Store
    • Alexander has drafted some documentation synchronized card store protocol. This will be updated and posted on Higgins wiki in coming week for wider review/inputs.
    • Andy and Alexander will continue to iterate on this as we develop a working prototype over coming weeks.
    • It was also noted that DigitalMe on Mac supports x509 on smart card.
3. [Markus] Higgins Web Proxy
  • Walkthrough of this new solution [4]
    • Discussed the naming options of the web proxy solution. Paul to put together a vote email to finalize on the naming for this new solution.
4. [Markus] iPhone Selector
  • Walkthrough of this new solution [5]
    • Safari version of HBX is needed. The mobile Safari version created here may be a step towards this and will be looked at in that light.
    • The Novell Safari HBX is now working. Would be nice to merge the Novell version with the mobile Safari version. Andy will work with Markus on this.
5. [Paul] Allowing personal cards to have arbitrary claims
  • Current Higgins selectors are hard-coded to the well known 15 claims [6]
  • ISIP spec seems to allow
  • ICF discussion with Axel and Paul ongoing (e.g. [7])
    • Change Higgins selector and Axel selector to support p-cards having arbitrary claims. Will work this through the ICF.
    • There are some issues that are being sorted out (e.g. how does selector figure out the datatype of the value). Dicussing this on the ICF email and moving forward to enable this p-card capability.
    • Need to be careful when defining claims for user generated scenario (vs. going through ICF working group). Do we want to allow users to create any claim they want, or do we want selectors to support only a pre-defined set of claims that are dynamically downloaded from ICF? These types of questions need to be thought through in ICF as this moves forward.

[1] http://wiki.eclipse.org/Selector_Architecture_Harmonization#Phase_2
[2] https://jersey.dev.java.net/
[3] https://jersey.dev.java.net/CDDL+GPL.html
[4] http://wiki.eclipse.org/Higgins_Web_Proxy