Re: [higgins-dev] Java 5, going once...

I vote +2. Not because there are benefits that are perceived-only, but because of some of the reasons Markus enumerated before (specifically generics) coupled with the JAX-RS reason I've talked about.

I especially dislike and think it's a horrible practice to have the lack of type-safety that we have today in IdAS.

I kind of wish the voting could be done differently. I prefer to vote +2 and if that fails, change my vote to +1

>>> Paul Trevithick <ptrevithick@xxxxxxxxx> 12/2/2008 4:44 PM >>>
I think we¹ve had sufficient time to air the issues for and against. I would
ask all Higgins committers to vote by Monday (Dec 8th) as follows:

-1 = no change (the entire project stays on Java 1.4)
0 = abstain
+1 = selected components of Higgins 1.1 may use Java 5
+2 = the entire Higgins 1.1 project moves to Java 5.0

For the +1 case, the relevant component owner will make the decision.

My vote is +2

--Paul

http://www.eclipse.org/higgins/team-leaders.php