[higgins-dev] project questions

Hi

After working on some patches and unit tests for the STS component I have a couple of general questions about Higgins, which I hope some of you can answer:

- There are a number of plugin projects which cannot be built - are they not used? For example, org.eclipse.higgins.idemix refers to the non-existing project org.eclipse.higgins.sts.core. If they're not used, couldn't they just be deleted to avoid confusion?

- Is there any reason why unit tests are not contained in the same project as the tested code? It seems that some of the test projects are not kept up to date (some can't compile, and most have failing tests)

- Is there an official policy on when a new plugin should be created? There is an awful lot of plugins with just a few classes each

- Some unit tests are called TestSomething, others SomethingTest - what's the correct naming scheme?

- I've been working on configuring a CI server (Hudson) to run unit tests automatically - does this have any interest? A demo is available at http://213.237.161.81:8082/ (builds using the Gant script I sent to the list earlier)

Best regards,
--
Joakim Recht

Trifork A/S, Margrethepladsen 4, 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark
Phone: +45 8732 8787 /  Mobile: +45 2021 6257
http://www.trifork.com - E-mail: jre@xxxxxxxxxxx

Back to the top