Re: [higgins-dev] NLS changes and new MessageProperties files for M4

Hi Jim,
          No I just edited the existing messages in those properties files I gave you earlier for IdAS NLS .  I didn't add any new message there. So there is no need to update the corresponding XYZMessage.java file.

Anyway I will give you the diff patch once I successfully sync with latest M4 code so that it will be easy for you to merge their as you mentioned.

Thanks and Regards,
Prakash
Advisory Software Engineer,
Tivoli Security Products
ETZ, Plot No. 3 , Rajiv Gandhi Infotech Park
Phase II, Hinjewadi, Pune - 411057
Ph: +91-20-42025544
e-mail: prakash.mallick@xxxxxxxxxx

"Jim Sermersheim" <jimse@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: higgins-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

09/12/2008 03:21 AM

Please respond to
"Higgins \(Trust Framework\) Project developer discussions"        <higgins-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

<higgins-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Mukul P Markande/India/IBM@IBMIN
Subject
Re: [higgins-dev] NLS changes and new MessageProperties files for M4

so, there are only .properties file in the attachment.  Are you saying that you want the component owners to build appropriate XYZMessages classes and then go thru their code and track down the strings found in the .properties files, and convert them to use XYZMessages.SOME_CONSTANT?

Also note that it would be best if these came as a diff.  We don't know what changes might have occurred between the time you updated, and the time we merge your changes.

To answer your question:  all the changes you sent earlier have been committed to svn.  I noted that in this thread: http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/higgins-dev/msg04990.html

Jim

>>> Prakash C Mallick <prakash.mallick@xxxxxxxxxx> 09/11/08 7:44 AM >>>

Hi  Brian and All,
               Please see the new set of message properties  files for following components ( based on M4 base line),  that are updated with some review comments from UA groups here. I have only upgraded the quality of few messages as per the review feed back , without affecting the structure and meaning of those messages .

org.eclipse.higgins.idas.common
org.eclipse.higgins.idas.cp.jndi
org.eclipse.higgins.idas.spi
org.eclipse.higgins.util.idas.cp
org.eclipse.higgins.util.jscript

I would expect the component owners to use these properties files and merge it their respective components. Please let me know if there is any issue on this.

NOTE :  I am not sure whether all the components I globalized are available in SVN repository or no. Can anybody please tell when those changes will be available in SVN M4 base line ?