Re: [higgins-dev] General instructions for signing up for emails onnightly builds

Should we remove the old resources stuff from the org.eclipse.higgins.auto project as it seems org.eclipse.higgins.auto.resources has replaced it?  The problem we've experienced in the past is that we were all updating the old files and didn't know about the new ones.

>>> brian walker <BWalker@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> 09/09/08 8:14 PM >>>

Hi All - as a follow up to an action from a previous Higgins Dev call, below are the general instructions to sign up for build pass/fail emails. I also posted these instructions on the Higgins wiki here: http://wiki.eclipse.org/Higgins_Committers_and_Contributors#Processes

  • Modify the the successMailList or failMailList in the projects.xml file in org.eclipse.higgins.auto.resources project located at trunk/builds folder in SVN.

  • These fields will contain comma separated email lists. Anyone can add their name to any component and either pass list, fail list or both if they desire.

  • The following is an example:

<buildProject id="org.eclipse.higgins.idas.cp.jena2"> <pathFromWebHome>downloads/idas.cp.jena2</pathFromWebHome> <successMailList>slyakhov@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx</successMailList> <failMailList>slyakhov@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx,jimse@xxxxxxxxxx</failMailList> <targetToRun>plugin</targetToRun> <targetToRun>jar</targetToRun> <targetToRun>javadoc</targetToRun> </buildProject>"

  • Adding your name to the successMailList will then include you on daily emails if all component targets passed the daily build.

  • Adding your name to the failMailList will then include you on daily emails if all component targets failed the daily build.

  • Adding your name to both lists will include you in daily status emails whether the component passes or fails.

Thanks to Peter K. for outlining these steps.

regards...Brian

Brian Walker

=brian.walker

VP of Engineering