[higgins-dev] Notes from 4-Sept Higgins Developer Meeting

Attendees

=========

* Duane Buss - Novell
* David Kuehr-Mclaren - IBM
* Ernst Plassmann - IBM
* Drummond Reed - Cordance
* Jim S - Novell
* Mary Ruddy - Meristic/SocialPhysics
* Markus Sabedello - Parity
Brian Walker - Parity
* Tom Carroll - Parity
*  Hank Mauldin - Cisco

1. [Brian] We are now working on 1.1M4.

2. [Brian & David] Internationalization
3. [Mary] Next Higgins F2F
4. [Jim] IdAS model as entities discussion
  • UPDATES:
    • There has been long email threads on this topic.
    • The last piece is to define is the model for what datatypes look like. Jim has been going back to xml schema doc to look at best way to represent datatype (xml schema sting, normalized string).
    • The last email to Higgins Dev was asking people what do we actually need to have in the model (e.g. does data type need to have whitespace rules, etc). Have not heard any responses yet. So will assume we want close feature parity with xml schema.
    • There are no blocking issues at this point. Any open issues have been spiraled off in different threads and do not effect progress on this.
    • Jim will update the wiki page as he starts getting through this. Once that is done - they we can start implementing.
 We will plan on having a meeting next week at our usual time.

Brian Walker
=brian.walker
VP of Engineering
Parity Communications Inc