Re: [higgins-dev] I'm about to update the higgins.owl file...

Title: Re: [higgins-dev] I'm about to update the higgins.owl file...

Paul,

>  But there is no utility that I can see (unless I’m missing something Sergey) in having BlankEntity class in higgins.owl or cdm.owl either > so that was removed in 1.1.103 ( http://wiki.eclipse.org/HOWL_Update_1.1.103)

The main reason I supposed to remove IBlankEntity interface is because cdm:Entity can have entityId, but IBlankEntity does not have getEntityId() method.

I do not argue about eliminating of higgins:BlankEntity class, but I have the following mismatches in my understanding of new IdAS  API + HOWL.

1. In new HOWL there is no difference between IEntity and IBlankEntity, both of them are represented by cdm:Entity class.  As a result:

a) suppose, in old version of HOWL there were Entity with type "Persion" and BlankEntity with type "PostalAddress".  If we define both of them in new HOWL, it will be possible to create "PostalAddress" entity using  IContext.addEntity(....) method.

b) it is possible to query complex values of Entity using IFilter interfaces and represent them as entity of the context. In other words, the same portion of data ( "PostalAddress", for example) can be represented as entity as complex value of entity.

c) I do not understand what should we do with complex valuses of some entity when we remove such an entity. Should we also delete them (as I understand we need to delete values of attribute if attribute is not subattribute of relation/correlation)?

2. Because entityId attribute is not obvious, it is possible to have a set of unidentified Entities.

By the way, perhaps it would be helpful to provide some example of new HOWL like person.owl you used for previous versions of HOWL.

Thanks,
Sergey Lyakhov