[higgins-dev] Configuration APIs and Registry Initialization Behaviour Issues

Hi All,
         Recently when I tried to use a contextconfiguration.xml file which describes definition of more than one contexts, but at a particular time I only use one of the context defined in the file, IdAS configuration APIs tries to create context factory instances for all the Contexts defined in the file. Is this a known behaviour ? If so I could see the possible usage issues on following scenarios when one contextconfiguration.xml is placed in shared location and used by but multiple IdAS API consumer applications in an organization.

1. Say Application1 tries to access a context using a specific context id CNTXT1 defined in the above contextconfiguration.xml registry database. Configuration API will try to create context factory instances of all contexts in addition to CNTXT1  defined in contextconfiguration.xml, which will consume lots of memory for all the context factory instances unintentionally if there are more than one context id definitions in  file.

2. If Application1 is accessing a context CNTXT1, it should only look up the context provider run time jar of CNTXT1, but the above behaviour will enforce the consumer application to have all context provider implementation run time jar in its environment to be in classpath or else application will fail.

Suggestion : if the above analysis is valid, I would prefer the ConfigurationAPIs should create the context factory instance thats requested by any application using context Id on demand.

Thanks and Regards,
Prakash
Advisory Software Engineer,
Tivoli Security Products
ETZ, Plot No. 3 , Rajiv Gandhi Infotech Park
Phase II, Hinjewadi, Pune - 411057
Ph: +91-20-42025544
e-mail: prakash.mallick@xxxxxxxxxx