RE: [higgins-dev] Isolating NLS.javafunctionalityfromorg.eclipse.osgi_3.3.2.R33x_v20080105.jar

Thanks Chris,

Higgins has use cases that are much broader than the typical Eclipse environment,where we need to be light weight, and so we can't be OSGi-based.

From: higgins-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:higgins-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Chris Aniszczyk
Sent: Friday, July 18, 2008 9:50 AM
To: Higgins (Trust Framework) Project developer discussions
Subject: Re: [higgins-dev] Isolating NLS.javafunctionalityfromorg.eclipse.osgi_3.3.2.R33x_v20080105.jar

The Equinox supplement bundle is a find way to achieve what you want as it was designed to use on other OSGi frameworks and strip out any Eclipse specific dependencies. As an outsider, my only worry is that if you don't have 'org.eclipse.osgi' anywhere in your stack and you're using Java, you aren't OSGi-based. Is the problem that org.eclipse.osgi is too large for the environment you need to run on?