Re: [higgins-dev] run-time configuration changes

Greg,

Can you provide more information about the "Constraints" in the
ISettingDescriptor?
Can you explain why there is code to dynamically change the
ISettingDescriptor? (seems like when a component changes what settings it
expects it justifies a restart)

Regards,
Mike

higgins-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 07/07/2008 12:54:48 PM:

> [image removed]
>
> [higgins-dev] run-time configuration changes
>
> Greg Byrd
>
> to:
>
> Higgins (Trust Framework) Project developer discussions
>
> 07/07/2008 12:57 PM
>
> Sent by:
>
> higgins-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
>
> Please respond to "Higgins \(Trust Framework\) Project developer
discussions"

> As discussed in our last phone meeting, a group at IBM has a need to
> instantiate
> configurable components, and to make their configurations persistent.  I
> promised that I would send some mail to the dev list to (hopefully)
> kick off a
> conversation.
>
> This particular requirement raises at least two issues:
>
> (1) Asking a configurable component about its configuration settings.
The