From: higgins-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:higgins-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Tom Carroll
Sent: Saturday, June 28, 2008 8:56 AM
To: Higgins (Trust Framework) Project developer discussions
Subject: RE: [higgins-dev] Proposed "intro text" at the top of the Higgins page

Couldn't anything in Higgins be considered 'optional', depending on the particular application?

More to the point is that while there may be a bit of stuff in Higgins that is not specific to I-Cards, for end users, the only way that they directly experience Higgins is through I-Cards. Higgins components could be cooked into some other third-party applications that don't deal with I-cards, but I'm not aware of *any* end-user applications in Higgins that are not specifically and solely focused on I-Cards. If there are any, I couldn't find them on the Solutions page, which does list three different I-Card selectors, an I-Card issuing IdP, and an I-Card accepting RP. I also seem to remember some IBM skunk-works project that built an I-Card selector for Android.   :)

So better than redundantly describing I-Cards as 'optional', they should be described as the end-user part of Higgins, which then provides context for the next paragraph of text next. So the introductory text could  be something like:

Higgins is an framework that enables users and applications to integrate identity, profile, and relationship information across multiple data sources and protocols. End-users experience Higgins through the UI metaphor of Information Cards.

Information Cards (aka InfoCards or I-Cards) put you in control...

BTW - Kudos to Mary for her herculean effort coordinating this - the site looks fabulous! Finally rid of all that "purple stuff"!

=Thomas.Carroll