[higgins-dev] Higgins call agenda

Dial-in: 1-866-362-7064 / 892048#
Time: noon EDT (1700 London, 1800 Vienna)

Agenda
======
1) [Mary, Paul] Recent events - IIW and mini-Higgins F2F in Seattle

2) [Brian] 1.1M2 (13-June target)
--------------------------------
* See: http://wiki.eclipse.org/Higgins_1.1M2
* To support the release target date we ask that any open issues
  planned for M2 be closed by 11-June.
* As a  reminder for 1.1M2 bug owners as listed in the below link to please

  go through your bugs and categorize them as:
  1. Move them to fixed state if completed
  2. Leave them on this list if you can commit to have
       them completed by 11-June
  3. Move them to a future milestone (M3 or "Backlog").

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&short_desc_t
ype=allwordssubstr&short_desc=&classification=Technology&product=Higgins&tar
get_milestone=1.1M2&long_desc_type=allwordssubstr&long_desc=&bug_file_loc_ty
pe=allwordssubstr&bug_file_loc=&status_whiteboard_type=allwordssubstr&status
_whiteboard=&keywords_type=allwords&keywords=&emailtype1=substring&email1=&e
mailtype2=substring&email2=&bugidtype=include&bug_id=&votes=&chfieldfrom=&ch
fieldto=Now&chfieldvalue=&cmdtype=doit&order=Reuse+same+sort+as+last+time&fi
eld0-0-0=noop&type0-0-0=noop&value0-0-0=

3) [Mary] Website
-----------------
* Status update

4) Multiprotocol RP Support
---------------------------
* Do we agree on the goal of simplifying the RP user experience (i.e.
  not "click here to login with OpenID", "click here to sign in with
  information card", "click here to login with SAML")
* Do we want the RP metadata to declare the various RP protocols it
  Supports (e.g. ISIP 1.0 & OpenID 2.0)?
* Is our assumption that a card selector will always appear

5) Multi-protocol Information Cards
-----------------------------------
* Cards that support WS-Trust AND SAML AND OpenID simultaneously?

6) RP User Experience
---------------------
* Today Selector pops up in a separate window/desktop context
* Should we have a work area to gather feedback on the user experience?

7) Axel's two proposals
-----------------------------------
* <object> tag alt. Thread starts here:
  http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/higgins-dev/msg04502.html
* Instant managed cards. Thread starts here:
  http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/higgins-dev/msg04518.html

Higgins-Related News
====================

1} [Paul] Parity's "Higgins Mobile" Proposal
Parity is out soliciting project funding to develop a native code selector
for Symbian, RIM, WinCE, iPhone and Android. [IBM has disclosed its internal
project working on experimental Android selector]. Parity would be the
project manager. All code will be contributed to Higgins.

2) [Paul] Information Card Foundation
There will be a June press release related to public launch of the
Information Card Foundation. The foundation includes both community members
(including Higgins contributors Mary Ruddy, Paul Trevithick, Andy
Hodgkinson, and Drummond Reed) well as corporate sponsors (e.g. Equifax,
Novell, PayPal, Parity, Wave Systems, Fun Communications, Ideology, and
ooTao).

Back to the top