Re: [higgins-dev] SAML 2.0 support + additional questions on higgins

Hi again,

See inline for answers.

On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 1:24 PM, lalit ruchandani <higginsuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello Markus,

Thanks a million for answering my queries.

You mentioned that Idp does not retrieve attributes from datastores and does not includes them in assertion , but is it possible
to do so in higgins ? If possible how  ?

Of course this is possible in Higgins.. The SAML2 IdP uses the Higgins "IdAS" component (see http://wiki.eclipse.org/IdAS) for talking to the LDAP directory and other datastores. The very purpose of IdAS ("Identity Attribute Service") is to authenticate users AND retrieve attributes!

We just haven't implemented the piece of code that would take these attributes from IdAS and put them into the SAML 2.0 assertion, but this should be no big deal. This is something that might happen soon in the course of the ongoing discussion on the convergence of the SAML2 IdP and STS components I mentioned in my previous mail.

Also ,I believe the session management will be the responsibility of the solution which is  built using higgins, am i right ?

The IdP maintains its own session.. I.e. if an SP is asking for an assertion and the user is already logged in at the IdP, then the assertion will be issued without the user having to input username/password.

But yes, session management at the SP is something you want to do yourself.

Last one,I  was browsing through other implementation of SSO which use saml 2.One of them is shibboleth and it
does not provide SAML 2 Global logout .

Is it possible in higgins ?

Hmm I am not really an expert on SAML, so I'm not sure what global logout means exactly.

The user can of course be logged out at the IdP (try this: http://graceland.parityinc.net/saml2idp-server/Logout). So if the user logs out at the SP, then the SP could issue a redirect to the IdP logout URL.

Not sure if this is what you are looking for.

Markus

please share your inputs on my questions.

Many Thanks.

Best Regards,
Lalit