From: Peter Linder <lindp3@xxxxxx>
To: higgins-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 2008-05-12 21:45
Subject: [higgins-dev] Higgins: Test

Hello Higgins developers

Me and my workmate are writing code to integrate smart cards as icard
storage for Windows XP/Vista (Bachelor Thesis).

plugins used:
- icard.provider.securestorage : writing a CardStoreStrategy
- crpps:  expanding dialogues

We would be very happy to contribute our code, once it is tested and
ready.

Unfortunately we have some problems (at least we think we have):

- We do not find JUnit tests or other tests for the plugin we use
(org.eclipse.higgins.icard.provider.securestorage.test  contains two
test that are not compiling and need an update). Where can we find
tests in general and who is responsible for them? We also did not see
any guidelines on the home page (
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Higgins_Committers_and_Contributors
). Most code we use, is not ours and it would be nice to now, that the
underlying code works.
-  It is very difficult to integrate our code in the crpps plugin (RCP
Selector). We must alter a lot of code, since the dialogues have logic
that does not work for us (e.g. direct access on files instead of
accessing via ICardProvider). Maybe it would be best to discuss that
with the responsible developer. It would be nice if he/she would write
us.
- The source code of the higgins framework is not very well or not at
all documented (at least the code that we used). It is fun to dive
through the framework, but it is also very time consuming.
- Is there any documentation concerning the security of the solutions?
We would like to learn the underlying security concepts of the higgins
framework.
- What else would be necessary to know for a contribution to the
higgins framework?

We would be very happy if you can help us answering some of our
concerns.

Thank you for the user-centric information card framework!

Kind regards
Peter Linder