[higgins-dev] Notes from Higgins developer's call on April 17th

Notes from the Higgins Developers call on Thursday, April 17.

 Attendees

=========

 Charles Andres

 Paula Austel - IBM

* Jeff Broberg CA

 Duane Buss - Novell

 Anthony Bussani - IBM Zurich

* Greg Byrd - NCSU/IBM

 Brian Carrol - Serena

 Tom Doman - Novell

 Andy Hodgkinson - Novell

Valery Kokhan - Parity Ukraine

* David Kuehr-Mclaren - IBM

* Mike McIntosh - IBM

Dale Olds - Novell

Ernst Plassmann - IBM

 Uppili Srinivasan - Oracle

* Drummond Reed - Cordance

* Bruce Rich - IBM

* Mary Ruddy - Meristic/SocialPhysics

* Markus Sabedello - Parity

 Jim Sermersheim - Novell

* George Stanchev - Serena

 Daniel Sanders

 Paul Trevithick - Parity/SocialPhysics

* Brian Walker - Parity

 Jeesmon Jacob

 Carl Binding

* Tom Caroll

* Ernst Plassmann - IBM (STS, RP)

 * Attendees

 Agenda and meeting notes

===============

Dial-in: 1-866-362-7064 / 892048#

Time: noon EDT (1600 GMT)

Proposed Agenda

===============

1) [Mary] New left navigation organization for web site. You can see it in the staging area at  [1].  The new navigation has subcategories.  It groups all the "about" stuff and all the "community" stuff together, and has breakouts for the Solutions.  It will make it easier for people new to Higgins to find things.

[Mary] As part of our ongoing project for continuing improvements to the Higgins website, I've posted a new navigation organization in the staging area.  You can see it in the first link on the agenda.  The new organization has two tiers and groups like items together.  For example there is a grouping at the top for general background Higgins and a grouping at the bottom for the community. Are there any questions or comments?

[no comments]

[Mary] Then I will move the changes into production and update the project meta data so that the changes will also be made to the wiki nav.  (Wiki nav changes don't take effect until the next time the cache is refreshed.) We will continue to improve the text of the wiki selections, etc incrementally.

2) [Charles/ Dale] OSIS interop next steps at EIC in Munich

[Mary] The next OSIS interop is next week at the European Identity Conference in Munich.  Many thanks to those who have been attentive to addressing the bugs that have been found in the last week. Please keep up the good work for the public interop next week.

3) [Brian] Release update: 1.0.1 bug fix release build on April 15th. [2] Release plans/logistics for 1.0.2 Update on 1.1M1 timing

[Brian] We finally got the 1.0.1 release out on the 15th. I updated the wiki page accordingly. We updated the process for getting a patch release out the door.  We will try to apply the criteria more rigorously for the next release then before. Right now we don't have a release date for  1.0.2.  So far, there are just a few interop fixes on the list.  We will continue to push on those.  I continue to think that interop fixes will fit the criteria we defined for bug fix releases.  So if anyone has bug fixes that they want to move to 1.0.2 we can do that.  I also updated a couple of procedural issues for bug fix releases.  If you have a candidate, please send it to the dev list. As part of the review of 1.1M items there may be items that we could pull into 1.0.2.

[Brian] The next item is the status of the 1.1M1 timing.  Right now the scheduled plan is for the 2nd of May. But if you look at the number of issues, we as a community need to wade though the list of items. The project plan page has a link to the list of open issues.  I'm proposing that we need to take a look at it. There are 65 issues.  We need to have the various owners review the list and let us know if they can get them done by 2nd, or if items are important we may move them to 1.0.2 to move the date.

[Ernst] For the stuff for the STS, I will check with Mike.  Yes, I plan to drop that in to 1.1M1.

[Mike]  There are WS-trust version items.

[Brian] There are 65 items on the M1.1 list. Can we go though the list and keep that date?

[Mike] I will try to make a pass in the next few days

[Brian] I will send a message out the list and try to keep the May 2 date.  It may float by a day or two.

[Brian]  The effort over the next week or so, is to pick what can be done and move other stuff off the 1.1M1 list.

[Mike]  There is a bug.  Wag uses a certificate from GoDaddy. You get different variations depending... Managed cards backed by personal cards that point to an IdP backed by GoDaddy don't work with our selector.

[Brian] Is there a ticket number?

[Mike] Other certificate providers may also have problems.

[Brian] Send the ticket number to the dev list.

[Mike] I will try.

[Mary]  Call for volunteers to lead the “Access Control in IdAS work area” as per the new direction that we set last week during the RSA F2F. We can give this new role a fancy title to impress your manager, etc.to help you get additional time allocated for the role.  (Access control lead, access control owner, etc.)

[Mary] We don't have the right people on today's call to discuss this.  We need a volunteer to lead the Access Control in IdAS work area to move forward after the decision made at the last F2F.

[David] What was decided at the last F2F?

[Mary] Just what was in the notes from the last dev call.  That instead of using some other access control method, we will just use the existing data model to model access control policy for the rest of the model instance.

[Drummond]  Essentially that we would use claims based assertions, rather than adopt an external framework such as XACML.

 5) [Mary] Opportunity to influence CardSpace 2.0 May 22-23.  Possible Higgins Face-to-Face. See [3] for link to wiki page to collect suggestions.  See [4} for persons who may attend.  Next steps include talking with Mike J. when he returns from vacation.

[Mary] I'm still waiting for Mike J. to get back from vacation to see if we can have the feedback session be held as a Higgins session.  Regardless of the answer to this question, people should provide input to the doodle server (link below) on whether they could also attend a general Higgins F2F.  So the current plan is to have a F2F covering topics of interest to those who can attend.  There will also be a separate session to provide input to Microsoft. This will be either a Higgins session or just individuals providing input.

[Mike] So the feedback session is either a Higgins session or it is individuals providing input.

[Mary] Yes

[Mike] If are going to share, we need to be very careful...

[Mike]  Other issue that I'm trying to resolve. Need to have an estimate of what it would cost.

[Mary] In the F2F we would focus on topics relevant to the people who are there. You can sign up using the doodle link below.

[Drummond]  Maybe able to find space for a general Higgins meeting if Microsoft can't provide space

[Mary] So current thinking is that there wail be a general F2F and an input/feedback session.

-end.

 [1] http://www.eclipse.org/higgins/ver2/

 [2] http://wiki.eclipse.org/Higgins_1.0.1

 [3] http://wiki.eclipse.org/CardSpace_wish_list