Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 17:04:26 +0300
From: "Sergey Lyakhov" <slyakhov@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [higgins-dev] Deploying STS....
To: <higgins-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Todd,

> In step 3, I run the instruction per Import some required entries from org.ldif file
> (C:\Program Files\OpenLDAP\ldapadd -x -D "cn=root" -w higgins -a -f org.ldif), and I get one line of output:
> adding new entry "dc=org"
> It doesn't appear that the rest of the tree gets created in the ldap server. The command prompt then just hangs in place.

I just now executed instructions for step 3 on Windows XP. And got the following output:

C:\Program Files\OpenLDAP>"C:\Program Files\OpenLDAP\ldapadd" -x -D "cn=root" -w higgins -a -f org.ldif
adding new entry "dc=org"

adding new entry "dc=eclipse,dc=org"

adding new entry "dc=higgins,dc=eclipse,dc=org"

adding new entry "ou=identities,dc=higgins,dc=eclipse,dc=org"

Only one change I made different from insructions, I enclosed C:\Program Files\OpenLDAP\ldapadd in quotes. Perhaps, you can have a problem with LDAP schemas. Are you sure you performed the following:

1. Used  windows_config.zip (not linux_config.zip) files (schema files for linux and win are different because of EOL characters at least).

2. Replaced "C:\Program Files\OpenLDAP\schema" dir with "schema" dir from windows_config.zip

3. Changed slapd.conf in the following way:
Replace INCLUDE parameters (add the following lines to slapd.conf )
include  C:/Progra~1/OpenLDAP/schema/core.schema
include  C:/Progra~1/OpenLDAP/schema/cosine.schema
include  C:/Progra~1/OpenLDAP/schema/inetorgperson.schema
include  C:/Progra~1/OpenLDAP/schema/openldap.schema
include  C:/Progra~1/OpenLDAP/schema/higginsperson.schema
include  C:/Progra~1/OpenLDAP/schema/eperson.schema

Thanks,
Sergey Lyakhov

Back to the top