[higgins-dev] RE: Building RCP Selector for Higgins tutorial on Monday at EclipseCon

Thanks Tie. See inline.

From: Tie Li [mailto:litie@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, March 17, 2008 4:18 AM
To: Paul Trevithick
Cc: Brian Walker; 'Higgins (Trust Framework) Project developer discussions'; Jeesmon Jacob; 'Michael McIntosh'
Subject: Re: Building RCP Selector for Higgins tutorial on Monday at EclipseCon

Paul,

For the "org.eclipse.higgins.crpps", I have tried to build the truck code upon the B-1.0.0, and it works. That means you can build this plugin based on the B-1.0.0. (In the wiki I have a complete dependency list).

Okay I’ll try that. If you try to build using the .psf found at the link called Eclipse RCP Selector Package psf as documented, it won’t build because this .psf is from the trunk and no longer builds (e.g. missing import org.eclipse.higgins.cache). Could you please replace that psf page with a psf that references B1-0-0?

<snip>

Li Tie | IBM Lotus | Eclipse committer | Tel: 86-10-82452494 | Fax: 86-10-82452887

"Paul Trevithick" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Tie Li/China/IBM@IBMCN, "'Michael McIntosh'" <mikemci@xxxxxxxxxx>, "Jeesmon Jacob" <JJacob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

"'Higgins \(Trust Framework\) Project developer discussions'" <higgins-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "Brian Walker" <BWalker@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

2008-03-17 02:53

Building RCP Selector for Higgins tutorial on Monday at EclipseCon

Tie, Mike, and Jeesmon,

I'm about to hop on a plane to San Jose. Tomorrow morning I'm going to spend
the morning in my hotel room making sure that I can build and run the RCP
Selector Solution [1]. I'm running on Windows XP with IE7 with Sun's JRE
1.4.2. The goal would be to show it at the Higgins tutorial that Mary and I
are giving Monday afternoon at 4pm pacific.

Since I don't usually build & run this selector, I'm going to be a guinea
pig and follow the directions in the "deploying" section here: [2] (which I
now see refers to as yet unwritten sections about the HBXIE browser
extension here: [3]). I'll be following the instructions here [4] to build
the main RCP app. From a quick glance at the .PSF on [4] it appears that we
are still building this solution from the trunk instead of the 1.0.0 branch
(the .psf doesn't reference the B1-0-0 branch). So it may no longer build. I
guess I'll find out.

From my quick look at the build instructions there are a couple of areas
that look like they could trip me up:
- building HBXIE without doc
- building the RCP APP off of the unstable trunk (vs. the released B1-0-0
branch)

I'm sending this email just in case one of you has any great tips, advice,
etc. WRT the above concerns or any other you know about. Any help and advice
appreciated.

-Paul

[1]
http://wiki.eclipse.org/RCP_Selector_Solution