Re: [higgins-dev] Notes from IdAS Event phone call

The Updated Data row is important, I forgot to call that out.

In terms of separate events:  I kind of like the idea we had in the SPI where an AddAttribute event, or ModifyAttribute event can contain one or more AddValue or RemoveValue events.  If the application subscribes to AddAttribute events, it would get the AddAttribute along with the contained AddValue.  If the the application subscribes to the AddValue event, it would only get the AddValue.  I guess what I'm attracted to is any solution that can produce minimum noise but all the expected information.

Jim

>>> "Markus Sabadello" <msabadello@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> 03/12/08 11:49 AM >>>
Yes this is great, thanks..

To me it seems the "Different JVM" and "External Changes" cases would be equally hard to implement. But I think they are essential to the whole project.. Notifications that happen only on the same IContext instance don't appear to be very useful (but as we discussed, that could still be the default behavior for contexts that don't support anything else).

I added another row: "Updated Data", meaning the notification could include details about the event (e.g. if an attribute value changes, the notification could include the old and new values). I don't think thats extremely important, just added it as an idea.

By the way, if a value of an attribute changes, should that be a separate event, or would that be covered by your "Detail: Add/Remove Attribute Value" entry?

Markus