Re: [higgins-dev] config.xml in RelyingPartyDemoApp2

We've had some problems with org.apache.xml.security's config.xml also.

As noted, JCENaming of some algorithms (such as
http://www.w3.org/2001/04/xmlenc#rsa-oaep-mgf1p) differs between SUN and
IBM. This can be handled by
putting the magic incantations into some config.xml RESOURCE which needs
to be located on the classpath for org.apache.xml.security.Init.

For OSGI bundles, bear in mind that each bundle has a distinct
class-loader. Concretely, in bundle
org.eclipse.higgins.dependencies.redistributable, xmlsec-1.4.0.jar,
package org.apache.xml.security.resource it is advisable to have two
config files:
one for SUN, one for IBM JCE. Then it becomes possible to say something
like -Dorg.apache.xml.security.resource.config=resource/ibm.config.xml  to
have org.apache.xml.security.Init actually use the matching ibm.config.xml
resource.

For the particular key-wrapping alg mentioned above, one would also have
to use IBM JRE 5.0, older JRE/IBMJCE combinations don't seem to have this
particular key-wrapping alg.

Kind regards,
Carl

Paula K Austel <pka@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: higgins-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
01/03/2008 03:00 AM
Please respond to
"Higgins \(Trust Framework\) Project developer discussions"
<higgins-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"Higgins \(Trust Framework\) Project developer discussions"
<higgins-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: [higgins-dev] config.xml in RelyingPartyDemoApp2

Hi,

I sent a reply to this note a few days ago but I don't see it showing up
on the list.

The config.xml file works for both ibm and sun java. I discovered that I
needed to add an extra jar file when running with the sun jvm. If you add
the file xalan-2.6.0.jar from the redistributable project to the J2EE
Module Dependencies for RelyingPartyDemoApp2 then it should work. I will
work with Michael McIntosh to check in the change but for now you should
be able to add this in your workspace.

Paula

Paula K. Austel
Web Services Security
IBM T.J. Watson Research Center
(914)784-5025
Tieline 863-5025

From:
Jeesmon Jacob <JJacob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To:
"Higgins (Trust Framework) Project developer discussions"
<higgins-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:
12/28/2007 11:18 AM
Subject:
[higgins-dev] config.xml in RelyingPartyDemoApp2

Hi Paula,

config.xml file checked into RelyingPartyDemoApp2 (also in
RelyingPartyDemoApp) works for IBM Java but not for Sun Java. It would be
nice if you can check-in the sun version of the config.xml similar to what
we have in org.eclipse.higgins.sts.binding.axis1x.service  project
(sun.config.xml  and ibm.config.xml  at
http://dev.eclipse.org/viewsvn/index.cgi/org.eclipse.higgins/trunk/plugins/org.eclipse.higgins.sts.binding.axis1x.service/WebContent/ConfigurationFiles/?root=Technology_SVN
).

Thanks,