[higgins-dev] Agenda for Higgins developers call on Thursday January 17

Dial-in: 1-866-362-7064 / 892048#

Agenda
======

1) Overall 1.0 Issue status.
Click "1.0 Issues List" link at top of this page:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Components

2) Branch options
- will soon create 1.0 branch

3) Documentation
I’ve checked in the architecture PPTs (and some others) into this folder:
http://dev.eclipse.org/viewsvn/index.cgi/org.eclipse.higgins/trunk/doc/org.e
clipse.higgins.doc/?root=Technology_SVN . We'll put links to some of these
on the higgins website.

4) Promoting Higgins
- Eclipse site: still waiting for improvements from Eclipse
- Perhaps we need a "marketing" site (higgins-project.org,
higgins.eclipse.org?)
  + no sense of the project itself
  + our brand is overwhelmed by Eclipse's brand
  + apache approach is better http://maven.apache.org
http://cocoon.apache.org, http://cocoon.apache.org , etc.
  + like what many projects do "overlaying" sourceforge
- BTW, there's a new book on CardSpace out. Written by MSFT folks. Pretty
much a CardSpace sales tool. No mention of Higgins: Understanding Windows
CardSpace: An Introduction to the Concepts and Challenges of Digital
Identities, By Vittorio Bertocci, Garrett Serack, Caleb Baker, Copyright
2008, Addison Wesley
- http://www.dataportability.org/  --getting lots of buzz, 655 list members,
corporations like Google are "joining"; Should Higgins be raising its
profile?
- IBM demo at CES with Android

5) Results of Eclipse survey [Mary]
- 3% said they were using or planning to use Higgins (up from 0% last year)

6) IPR/Release review status (1 item is checkintocvs) [Mary]. Submitted the
1.0 IP Log to Eclipse legal last week. Finishing up the committer and
contributor contact list. Starting the review presentation.

7) Planned Higgins regular F2F January 29-31 in Provo:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Jan_29-31_Provo_F2F_Agenda

Back to the top