Re: [higgins-dev] Higgins data model for attribute values

One point that Mike's bringing up (I think) is the difference between not having an attribute, and having an attribute without a value.  In the latter case, there's a definite statement that we have no knowledge of this particular attribute.  (If, for example, we know that a person has no driver's license.)  If the attribute is missing, we can't know whether it's because there is no such attribute for this subject, or whether we just don't know anything about it.

In OWL, I think you'd have to have an explicit value that means "unknown", because you have to have a value associated with a property.  This may or may not be represented in the same way in the IdAS model.

...Greg