RE: Fwd: [higgins-dev] Higgins data model for attribute values

That’s a reasonable use case, however I would argue that in that case the data type is xsd:any, and thus it still fits the rule that all values are of the same type.

The same could be applied to Daniel’s telephone number example: the datatype is really “string-or-number”.

=Drummond

From: higgins-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:higgins-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jim Sermersheim
Sent: Monday, January 07, 2008 8:25 PM
To: Higgins (Trust Framework) Project developer discussions
Subject: Re: Fwd: [higgins-dev] Higgins data model for attribute values

Thanks for the feedback, all.

This is as I expected.  I have heard some use cases for allowing an attribute's values to be different data types -- similar to specifying that an element in an xml schema be of xsd:any type.  One case I remember that Daniel brought up was like:  What if I have an attribute which represents a telephone number and I want to allow different data types (strings as well as numbers) to be stored?

Daniel or others can probably provide more compelling arguments.

>>> "Markus Sabadello" <msabadello@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> 01/07/08 1:38 PM >>>

Begin forwarded message: