Re: [higgins-dev] Nightly builds and new higgins2ant version

I started trying to fix the fetch-subprojects target and noticed the same thing.  There is an ant svn task produced at tigris.org (http://subclipse.tigris.org/svnant.html).  I was tempted to switch to that, but like you say, that would require everyone to install that ant task.

>>> Valery Kokhan <vkokhan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 11/29/07 8:34 AM >>>
There were a lot of failures on nightly builds. Some of them was
related to use of new dependencies project. Another was related to
org.eclipse.higgins.sts.axis1x.common project which contains some java
files which must be excluded from the generic build process.

In order to solve problems above I've updated higgins2ant utility and
build files for all higgins projects I know.

New higgins2ant utility generate build.xml and dependencies.xml in a
single step. Also generated build.xml contains all targets required
for nightly builds in single build.xml file (including targets
previously located at buildaux.xml and pluginBuilder.xml).

Please everyone who changes project dependencies use new version
of higgins2ant utility (higgins2ant_0.9.0.jar (rev 6325)) to update
build files.

Jim, new version doesn't generate your targets (configure &
-fetch-subprojects) but now when we moved to svn they have no sense
anyway.

We're going to implement more robust generation of such targets but
because base ant doesn't contains any tasks to work with svn it
would be nice to know people's opinion on what ant library we'd like
to use to work with svn.

Valery