Re: [higgins-dev] Fw: [cross-project-issues-dev] I see weirdthingshappening in our SVN repo

Andy is in the process of checking the entire org.eclipse.higgins base out and then he'll create a /tags directory and move all the projects under that.  Hopefully that's all we need to do.

We also need to discuss whether we want to make changes to the existing directory layout.  We have different directories like "plugins", and "features".  I notice other projects place all their eclipse projects under trunk and call them things like:

org.eclipse.linuxtools.rpm.core <- plugin

org.eclipse.linuxtools.rpm-feature <-feature

etc.

however, they also group projects under top-level directories.

I guess Higgins is complicated by the fact that we have non-eclipse deliverables.

>>> "Jim Sermersheim" <jimse@xxxxxxxxxx> 11/26/07 8:24 AM >>>

Yeah, so shouldn't the root of org.eclipse.higgins hold three directories?:

branches

tags

trunk

Is it as simple as creating the trunk directory and moving everything into it?

>>> Michael McIntosh <mikemci@xxxxxxxxxx> 11/22/07 10:46 AM >>>
It sounds like our SVN conversion has violated some previously unknown
best practice.
It looks like we may need to more our repo.

Regards,
Mike

----- Forwarded by Michael McIntosh/Watson/IBM on 11/22/2007 12:44 PM
-----

Thomas Hallgren <thomas@xxxxxxx>
Sent by: cross-project-issues-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
11/22/2007 11:43 AM
Please respond to
Cross project issues <cross-project-issues-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Cross project issues <cross-project-issues-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[cross-project-issues-dev] I see weird things happening in our SVN repo

Hi,
Over the last couple of days the number of revisions in our SVN
repository nearly doubled. Looking at the repository I find branches and
tags directly under the /svnroot (they seem to belong to the
org.eclipse.higgins project). Having branches and tags directly under
the /svnroot means that all projects share the same set of branches and
tags. IMHO, that's bad practice.

Most projects have the standard structure, i.e.

/svnroot/org.eclipse.xxxx/
    trunk/
    tags/
    branches/

I think we need to make this the standard for all projects. The sooner
the better. The projects that deviate from the standard are:

org.eclipse.higgins
org.eclipse.linuxtools
org.eclipse.spaces

Does anyone have a different opinion about this?

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren