RE: [higgins-dev] dependencies.redistributable

Sadly, I think you are doing it right. This is yet another reason why we’ll want to move off of this stop-gap dep.redist mega-project approach as quickly as we can.

From: higgins-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:higgins-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jim Sermersheim
Sent: Tuesday, November 20, 2007 7:39 PM
To: higgins-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [higgins-dev] dependencies.redistributable

1) After way too much time scratching my head, I discovered that this project's plugin name is org.eclipse.higgins.dependencies.redistributable (even though that differs from it's name in CVS).

2) I wanted to consume it as a plugin dependency from another project. In order to do that, I had to:

2.1) Add the 3'rd party jar file name that I needed in the Bundle-ClassPath section of MANIFEST.MF

2.2) Add all the packages from that jar to the Export-Package section of MANIFEST.MF

I'm a little concerned with #2.2.  If we have lots of 3'rd party libraries (which we do), the Export-Package list will get huge, making its maintenance a bit difficult.

Anyway, I checked this change in.  So far I've only exported the log4j packages to see if it works (it does).  Hopefully I'm doing it right.

Jim

Back to the top