Re: [higgins-dev] Higgins browser extension on Firefox on Linux?

Maxim,

Thanks for looking into this.

I have downloaded the higgins.xpi which you noted with the URL just below.

On restarting my browser, "Higgins Setup Wizard" does not appear (as before).

On the Error Console, I still see the messages noted below.  (Is there a _javascript_ file loading ordering issue going on?).  It seems like the "@higgins/common-higgins-service" is being referenced before it is being registered.

Re-starting my browser a second time, and the Errors no longer appear.  However, then I get a bunch of warnings of the form:

Warning: Warning: Ignoring unrecognized chrome manifest instruction.
Source File: file:///home/tjh/.mozilla/firefox/co4e3x6l.default/extensions/%7BF4AA70E5-B427-4cbf-9B11-AF4732AB2144%7D/chrome.manifest
Line: 1

Looking at this file, I see that it still has CR-LFs and the first character of lines with comments is a <space> rather than a # sign.
Fixing this file (chrome.manifest) to remove the CRs and put in linefeeds and make sure comment characters (#s) are the first character of the lines which have them, and re-starting my browser, and the Error messages from below re-appear (but the warning messages go away).

Re-starting my browser a third time, and no error messages, no warning messages ... and no "Higgins Setup Wizard" either.  Looking at the "higgins" related config shows:

higgins.wizard.next.start 0

(among other things).

Would you like me to set "higgins.debug.level" to something and send you the results?

Regards,
Tim Hahn

Internet: hahnt@xxxxxxxxxx
Internal: Timothy Hahn/Durham/IBM@IBMUS
phone: 919.224.1565     tie-line: 8/687.1565
fax: 919.224.2530