RE: [higgins-dev] Plugins

Anthony,

Our very short term plan for approved third party libs is that they should
live in the dependencies.redistributable project (see [1]) in a folder
called <lib-name>.

For example, if a project was dependent on "axiom-api-1.2.jar" then a copy
of that jar would be located here:

  dependencies.redistributable/axiom-api-1.2/axiom-api-1.2.jar

This plan is easy for us to implement and will make it easier for developers
new to Higgins to get going. It will also be a step towards local
"configure" and build scripts that will locally build Higgins components and
then ultimately deployment configurations starting with an empty/clean
development machine. These considerations are the justification for this
approach in the very short term. As we all know, we need ASAP to be able to
configure, build, deploy and run our stuff on clean, local machines.

All the same, I suspect that you and Tie Li will find the above
unsatisfactory from an OSGI/runtime POV, so we'll likely need a better long
term solution very quickly.

Hope that helps,

-Paul

[1] http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Components#Automated_Builds