Re: [higgins-dev] updatable Configuration

Markus,

Yeah, in Daniel's IdP setup, he wanted to be able to update configuration on the fly.  I don't remember all the details, but, FYI, I know he'll be interested in your pursuit of updatable configuration.

Tom

>>> "Markus Sabadello" <msabadello@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> 10/11/07 9:40 AM >>>
Hi,

In a number of use cases it would be good to be able to create completely
new contexts at runtime (as opposed to instantiate and open existing ones).
To do this, IdASRegistry needs to also create a context ID for the new
context, so it can be re- opened later. The question is.. Where does
IdASRegistry store it?

Now since IdASRegistry can finally be configured using the Configuration API
(woohoo!), it would be great if I could simply put these new context IDs
into my configuration.

I know that this is not possible today, but I think this has been a topic
before, so I'd like to ask what's the current state of this.

I could also think of other (dirty) ways of creating new context IDs that
can be re- used later, but I would assume that the possibility to update
configuration might be needed for other things too.

Markus

Back to the top