From: Markus Sabadello < msabadello@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sep 20, 2007 6:58 PM
Subject: XRI/XRDS and new IdASRegistry
To: "Higgins (Trust Framework) Project developer discussions" < higgins-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Hey,

Okay I know not everyone is happy with the new IdASRegistry, and it doesn't make a lot of sense that some of us are using the new one, and some still the old one, right? So let's try to solve this..

As far as I understand, one of the main concerns is that the IdASRegistry configures itself from an XRDS file (contextfactories.xrds). Let me point out that this is not really necessary, the IdASRegistry also has methods for manually registering context factories (in which case they already have to be configured).

The IdASRegistry does NOT configure or register contexts itself. Is this a problem?

In order to create (instantiate) a context, one needs an IContextId (which can be constructed from a local XRDS file, an XRI or a URL). Is this a problem?

What else is a problem?

I'd really like to do everything I can to make this work for everyone.

Markus

(sorry, I dropped a few times from the call today)

Back to the top