[higgins-dev] PamelaWare MediaWiki Integration Status: 9/19/07

All,

I now have MW accepting information cards.  You can try it out at http://pamelaproject.com/mwtom/index.php?title=Special:Userlogin&returnto=Main_Page

Now, the caveats and notes:

1. I have checked in all my changes to the PW MW repository.  However, I had to make some changes to a common file, infocard-post.php, which is common to all RPs.  It amounts to a few lines of code I commented out and Pamela and I plan to work out those issues later but I need to work with her on what to do in the interim so I can get this "quick and dirty" version out to Mary to play with.

2. Here's what you have to do to use what I have so far.  Some of this will change obviously as we get install pieces and get further along with the integration:
     a. Follow the instructions here - http://code.pamelaproject.com/wiki/PamelaWareMediaWiki
     b. Create the 3 MySQL DB tables as shown in pwmw/trunk/pwmw/mw/admin.pw.php, in function checkDatabaseStructure().
     c. Pending a good resolution, get my copy of infocard-post.php (attached).

3. Here's how it works.  If you don't have an account, you can create one using the standard old "create account" mechanism on the login page.  Our MW code will not automatically create you an account.  If you have an account, choose the CardSpace login, and send an information card that is not associated with any MW account, you will be prompted to associate that card with an account if you wish.  You will essentially do a standard MW login with your accounts username and password and push the "Associate" button.  You will now be logged in and that card associated with your account.  From now on, if your card is a personal card or is a managed card backed by a personal card,
you will be able to login to the MW without further prompt.

4. The "where to go to get a card" link and other minor items like that aren't working so if you need an information card you can go to wag.bandit-project.org, create an account, login, and then choose the "Issue Info Card" tab.

I think that's everything for now.  Reply if I missed something or you have any questions.

Tom