Re: [higgins-dev] self-issued STS authentication

Are you talking about a managed card whose user credential is a self-issued card?  If so, that feature has been available in the STS for much longer than two months now, and it works fine.  You have to make sure that your context provider supports the credential type.  The JNDI provider supports it.  You also have to make sure that when you issue the managed card, you create an association between the PPID+public Key of the personal card and the user profile so that when the STS authenticates using that PPID+public key, it will be able to find the correct user profile.  The JNDI context provider creates a SHA1 hash of PPID+public key and expects to be able to lookup the user object by querying on an attribute called 'cardKeyHash' using that holds the hash value.  The cardKeyHash attribute needs to be populated by the process that issues the managed card.

Daniel

>>> Johnny Bufu <johnny@xxxxxxxx> 9/17/2007 7:13 PM >>>
Hello Higgins devs,

We're using the Higgins STS to power the openidcards.com IdP / OP.
The code snapshot we used is ~2 months old and doesn't support
authenticating to the STS with a self-issued card. Has this been
fixed in the meantime?

Thanks,
Johnny