RE: [higgins-dev] Can the JNDI context provider use Rhino1.6.1or 1.6.2 rather than 1.6.5?

Duane,

I have requested Rhino 1.6R5 for you from Eclipse Legal. That item is still open. It is also the case that Eclipse Legal is very backed up in their review process so for some of the open items, I have been double checking to see if a previously approved version can “work” for Higgins 1.0.  In some cases the answer has been yes, and in other cases the answer has been no.

It sounds like it doesn’t make sense to fall back to Rhino 1.6R2 even for the short term.  So I will get back to Eclipse legal saying that we need 1.6R5 for Higgins 1.0.

Unfortunately it can take a very long time to get approvals, especially for programs that have not been previously approved in any version. For example, the CQ for the base Jena code was entered last fall, and Jena itself is still not approved.  (It has been working its way through the process.)

So yes, after we get past Higgins 1.0, all the component owners should anticipate their third party dependencies for the next release so that we can get items in the queue as early as possible.

-Mary