Re[10]: [higgins-dev] Output directories for higginsprojects

In general the alternative is to use "compile" target from
buildaux.xml but in case of the org.eclipse.higgins.idas.cp.jndi.test
project it seems not possible because it has direct dependency on one
library from the eclipse runtime (junit 3.8.1).

Valery

> One of the objectives of  building with ant was that it not have
> dependencies on an eclipse environment.  I don't like the idea of
> having to set ECLIPSE_HOME to do the ant build.  When people
> download a source tarball, they ought to be able to build without
> having to setup an eclipse environment.  Is there an alternative to this?

> Valery,

> Okay, I did that for the time being and it builds.  I'll look at
> your eclipse2ant changes when you have them ready.

> Tom

> Tom,

> It seems to me I know what is the problem there but I need to figure
> out how would be better to fix it.

> For now you can use the latest version of build.xml form CVS but you
> also will need either pass -DECLIPSE_HOME=<> option when you run it or
> change ECLIPSE_HOME property value in build.xml to point to correct
> eclipse location.

> I'd propose not to re-generate build.xml file using standard export to
> ant because it will produce incorrect build file. Tomorrow I'll try
> to commit to higgins CVS repository a bit modified version of eclipse2ant
> generator which must produce more proper build.xml files.

Back to the top