Re: [higgins-dev] java.security style IdAS Registration

Hello Jim,

I'm especially looking forward to your feedback.

The new IdASRegistry will only instantiate and configure Context Factories that are really needed. It will not start up with a fully populated list of everything it can find. Once a Context Factory is instantiated and configured, it will be cached by the IdASRegistry in case it is needed again later (unless the cache is explicitly disabled).

I agree U1 is the "core use case", and it will be easy.
U2 will also be possible but obviously is a more expensive operation than U1.
U3 (with my current understanding) will NOT be possible. The IdASRegistry can find a Context Factory for a given Context Id, but it can NOT register Context Ids or Contexts itself. If anyone sees a problem with that, let me know !!!

More information + examples + code coming soon...

Markus