[higgins-dev] 42 architecture diagram changes

The following changes were made to the diagram here [1] as a result of
discussions at the most recent F2F (June 25-26 in SanFran):

1) Rename ISS Client UI to I-Card Selector. (Better, more descriptive name;
reinforces parallelism with "I-Card Manager". Note: since it takes an act of
God to rename or delete an Eclipse bugzilla component name, we will continue
for issue/bug tracking to refer to this as "ISS Client UI", but in the wiki
doc and diagrams change over to "I-Card Selector"

2) Render the RPPS Web App as just a "binding" for RPPS. (This is a better
way to represent/draw bindings, and a more accurate reflection of the code).

3) Attached Remote Token Service to ISS; Remote TS connects to I-Card
Selector Service, not to I-Card Provider. (These changes bring the diagram
into line with the code. The I-Card interfaces are now just "wrapper"
interfaces around the underlying card data fields of each card format. As
drawn, it is the ISS and its Providers that talk to Token Services whether
local or remote.

4) Introduction of the CardStoreStrategy interface as presented by Anthony
Bussani of IBM Zurich. (Note: This is a "proscriptive" change to the
diagram. It doesn't reflect the current code. We plan to modify both H2 and
H1/3 code bases to support this low level data abstraction. Expect details
from AnthonyB on the dev list)

5) Minor changes: Rename Browser Extension to Higgins Extension; Fix typo
(Parity-> Party);

-Paul

[1] http://wiki.eclipse.org/Architecture

Back to the top