RE: [higgins-dev] RP code checked in

Duane, not sure what your intent was behind the note, we did had "open" discussions about the direction of the Java RP at the Higgins F2F Last week and even the F2F prior to that. Most all functionality is "light" on content on first drop, much like the evolution that IdAS has gone through. So I suggest you look over the classes/code and provide feedback and what is there now.

Inactive hide details for "Duane Buss" <DBuss@xxxxxxxxxx>"Duane Buss" <DBuss@xxxxxxxxxx>

          "Duane Buss" <DBuss@xxxxxxxxxx>
          Sent by: higgins-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

          07/02/2007 02:23 PM

          Please respond to
          "Higgins \(Trust Framework\) Project developer discussions" <higgins-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"discussions', 'Higgins (Trust Framework) Project developer" <higgins-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>, higgins-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

cc

Subject

RE: [higgins-dev] RP code checked in

I hadn't encountered the term Relying Parity Service before, is that the improved version of a Relying Party Service? (grin)

I have read the pages and downloaded the projects and I agree with Jeffrey, they are currently 'a bit light.' From the wiki I know where RSSE and the other RP components fit in but the actual internal architecture and functionality are vague. Can we make this a focus on the mailing lists and conference calls to have open discussion about the direction, architecture, structure of these components?

-Duane

    Yes. See http://wiki.eclipse.org/RP_Enablement. It probably makes sense to have a separate Eclipse Bugzilla component for each “Relying Parity Service” component/language combination. If folks agree, I’ll set this up.

    -Paul

    Yes, the RPE is one of the key items Higgins needs to focus on, so this will need to cover Java, PHP, Ruby, etc. So we may divide RP components up into these categories, much like we have the IAs today with H1, H2 and H3

    "Broberg, Jeffrey C" <Jeffrey.Broberg@xxxxxx>

                  "Broberg, Jeffrey C" <Jeffrey.Broberg@xxxxxx>
                  Sent by: higgins-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

                  07/02/2007 09:51 AM

Please respond to
"Higgins \(Trust Framework\) Project developer discussions" <higgins-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"Higgins \(Trust Framework\) Project developer discussions" <higgins-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

cc

<higgins-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Subject

RE: [higgins-dev] RP code checked in

    I took a look at those projects and they were a bit light right now. Do
    we still believe that higgins should deal with RPE ?

    Jeffrey C. Broberg
    CA
    Director, Senior Architect
    Security Systems