Re: [higgins-dev] RP code checked in

Jeff, now that I understand the code a little better, I think I can answer some of your questions:
What parts of the Demo can be reused as parts of the RPE ( Relying Party Enablement ) ?

The demo is an example of how to use an authentication filter and servlets.  The RelyingPartyDemo project is the filter, and the RelyingPartyDemoApp is an example of using the filter.  I think both parts are relevant to RPE.  If you like, I can add rows to the RPE Component table for these.

What mechanism/tool was used to generate the object tag ?

Don't know -- Bruce will have to answer this one.

What mechanism/tool was used for token disassembly ?

The relevant parts of the code (I think) are org.eclipse.higgins.rp.server.impl.Login.java and org.eclipse.higgins.tp.token.identity.DigitalIdentity.java.  The first one (Login.java) finds the SAML token in the request, decrypts it, and verifies its signature (using Apache XML Security).  It then creates a DigitalIdentity from the token, using DigitalIdentity.fromXML(), which retrieves the attributes from inside the token. (The XML parsing is done using Apache Axiom.)

What other pieces of functionality may be relevant for RPE ?

The filter (AuthNFilter.java), the Logout servlet (Logout.java), the web pages in ReplyingPartyDemoApp/WebContent, and the configuration file that specifies the filter -- ReplyingPartyDemoApp/WebContent/WEB-INF/web.xml.

...Greg

Back to the top