RE: [higgins-dev] Changes to org.eclipse.higgins.icard project

My issue is that we should not be tied to MS definition or confused with MS and where they take this in the future

Inactive hide details for "Paul Trevithick" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>"Paul Trevithick" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

          "Paul Trevithick" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Sent by: higgins-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

          06/20/2007 02:24 PM

          Please respond to
          "Higgins \(Trust Framework\) Project developer discussions" <higgins-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"'Higgins \(Trust Framework\) Project developer discussions'" <higgins-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

cc

Subject

RE: [higgins-dev] Changes to org.eclipse.higgins.icard project

We should discuss this terminological issue at the F2F next week. I can see both sides, and both have merit. A couple of weeks ago I revised this page (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I-card) to try to set down one way of defining the terms “managed” “personal” , etc. The page is in need of lots of review and refinement.

I just added a topic on this to the agenda.

-Paul

Re: [higgins-dev] Changes to org.eclipse.higgins.icard project

> So not sure that we should use term "personal" as in the MS case that is very specific in what it means, I think we have a more general
> notion, that being selfsigned, this may or may not be by a co-located STS
I can rename it, but in Higgins, "Personal" is the historically used name of self-issued card and provider. Moreover, this kind of cards is really compatible with MS Personal cards.

Thanks,
Sergey Lyakhov

Inactive hide details for "Sergey Lyakhov" <slyakhov@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>"Sergey Lyakhov" <slyakhov@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Please respond to
"Higgins \(Trust Framework\) Project developer discussions" <
higgins-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

<
higgins-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Paul Trevithick <
paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject

[higgins-dev] Changes to org.eclipse.higgins.icard project

I am going to make the attached patch for org.eclipse.higgins.icard project.

The main changes:

1. Added IManagedInformationCard and IPersonalInformationCard interfaces
which extend IInformationCard interface;

2. ITokenCard interface was removed ( its methods getTokenServices() and
getRequireAppliesTo() were moved to IManagedInformationCard;
getSupportedTokenTypes() was moved to ICard).

3. Added/renamed some methods of ICard.

Are there any objections?

Thanks,
Sergey Lyakhov